Yes, it's only 8 am. Which means the boys have only been out of bed for one hour. Although I was greeted, once again, at 5 minutes until 7:00 because sweet Sam decided to help his little brother get out of bed.
(I try to enjoy these moments when they play/work so well together, but it's tough due to the fact that they're always doing something they shouldn't be at these harmonius times.)
Helping little brother out of bed happened for the first time a couple of weeks ago; Sam explained that he was very careful and used pillows for safety before helping Ben get out of the bed. I'm sure this morning it looked something like this...
![]() |
| safety first! |
So...
Making breakfast, and Sam takes something from Ben which prompts Ben to hurl a wooden truck at the wall in the playroom causing a rather large indention in the wall. Oh great...hubby's going to be thrilled with this one!
While in time out Ben gets a potty put on his head by his big brother. I did what any good mom would do and growled at Sam telling him to mind his own business. A wonderful start to the day!
Still trying to make breakfast, I peek into the playroom and see Ben take off his pants..."Great buddy, come sit down to pee..." Go back to the kitchen before the fried egg become a blackened egg and I hear, "MOM...BEN JUST PEED IN THE BLOCKS!!!"...Super!!!...I put Ben on the potty and immediately try to start wiping the pee off the porous wooden blocks before it's absorbed completely and thinking to myself, "I should just throw them away...I can't really clean this up...ugh...I don't want to throw them away...the blocks are a mix of John's and his sister's (from their childhood) and my sisters', a gift from Grandmother, (from their childhood)...nope can't throw them away...I'll soak them in bleach water...no, let's first try to spray them generously with bleach water...yes, that's what I'll do...pee is sterile, right?...I guess I'll throw them away if they start to stink." I proceed...douse with bleach water, set aside, go back and wipe up the excess.
Back to the kitchen and back to trying to make breakfast...
And then, "MOM...BEN HAS THE CLEANER AND IS SPRAYING IT!!!!"
Ah...yes, the cleaner...with bleach...that I just left on the table in the playroom...perfect! I run to find he's sprayed the TV, the DVD player..."I cleaning momma!"...he's so proud! And then he turns it on me. It's funny...to him. And after he doesn't stop when I ask in my 'calm, composed mother' voice, I have another all-star-mom moment and growl at him to STOP! and GET OUT! "Okay mommy."
And he does get out...straight to the kitchen because he's hungry...has been waiting so long for breakfast to get to the table. And so, he decides to help himself to the yogurt that is on the counter...that I had already taken the lid off of...and now his yogurt is all over him and the floor and the cabinets and dripping into the cabinets.
What fun!
And so, the boys go to the table and as I'm cleaning up the yogurt, I'm laughing, so I don't cry. Sam apparently hears me and asks, "What is it mom?" I don't think I responded. I look at the clock to see the time and I think to myself...today just might be the day that I lose my mind.
*Additionally*
I am finally wrapping up this post at nap time because the quiet time during breakfast wasn't quite enough time to finish it and I have to add...
John got to come home for a mid-morning break but Ben and I were out. He informed me that Ben also poured sugar on the pantry floor.
Wonderful!

No comments:
Post a Comment