Sam got to participate in two Easter Egg Hunts this year. We didn't practice this year like we did last because I thought he would understand the purpose of the "hunt"...pick up eggs, put in basket. During the first hunt with our neighborhood preschool PTA, he picked up an egg and opened it to eat the candy before moving on to pick up another egg. But, even better was the "race" at the Arboretum hunt. Sam and his friend Marty took off running across the lawn, hair blowing in the wind, past the bazillion eggs on the ground, like it was a race...no clue they were supposed to stop to pick up eggs. However, they recovered and soon were in a sugar bliss. I later learned that as John was laying out the game plan and telling Sam what to do, he failed to mention the part about picking up eggs. He told him to "run really fast, out there, to the middle" so that's what Sam did. I'm so sad we didn't have the video camera out.
THE MOST IMPORTANT WORK YOU AND I WILL EVER DO WILL BE WITHIN THE WALLS OF OUR HOME. -Harold B. Lee
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Easter Egg Hunting
Sam got to participate in two Easter Egg Hunts this year. We didn't practice this year like we did last because I thought he would understand the purpose of the "hunt"...pick up eggs, put in basket. During the first hunt with our neighborhood preschool PTA, he picked up an egg and opened it to eat the candy before moving on to pick up another egg. But, even better was the "race" at the Arboretum hunt. Sam and his friend Marty took off running across the lawn, hair blowing in the wind, past the bazillion eggs on the ground, like it was a race...no clue they were supposed to stop to pick up eggs. However, they recovered and soon were in a sugar bliss. I later learned that as John was laying out the game plan and telling Sam what to do, he failed to mention the part about picking up eggs. He told him to "run really fast, out there, to the middle" so that's what Sam did. I'm so sad we didn't have the video camera out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment