THE MOST IMPORTANT WORK YOU AND I WILL EVER DO WILL BE WITHIN THE WALLS OF OUR HOME. -Harold B. Lee

Friday, September 21, 2012

Homework

...and so it begins...Kindergarten...and we now have homework!

I'm not sure I'm ready for the responsibility of homework and I honestly think it's more difficult for me than it is for Sam.  I'm trying to figure how how best to manage it.  Do homework first?...play first?...how long?...set a timer?...before dinner?...after dinner?  All these questions are running through my head.

Sam's teacher has created a really neat homework plan...She sent home a 5 by 4 grid with an assignment written in each box...counting while doing a dance, writing his name with three different mediums, counting the word 'the' in a book we read, etc...and then Sam colors in the box for each assignment he completes and returns the homework sheet when he's finished.  In addition to that he has sight words to practice each night, readers coming home to read on his own, and he needs to be read to (which I'm trying to do with a balance of pictures books and chapter books.

I just really had no idea I would be struggling so much with figuring this out!


No comments: