THE MOST IMPORTANT WORK YOU AND I WILL EVER DO WILL BE WITHIN THE WALLS OF OUR HOME. -Harold B. Lee

Saturday, December 15, 2007

How many colds?

Sam has had a snotty nose all week, but we've been thinking the runny nose is due to teething (two top molars coming in). Except that yesterday evening and this morning he was VERY fussy (inconsolable at times)...and he's been very clingy (to mom, of course)...and he took an hour and a half nap this morning at 9:30 (highly unusual since he does one afternoon nap a day now)...So, I decided to place a call to the pedi's office this morning to try to get in for a quick ear check (he had an ear infection just two weeks ago). Uhhh...it didn't happen. They had no appts available after being open only an hour...I was told 30-40 people called in that hour before I did. But I did learn something very interesting from the nurse when she returned my call. According to her, children under the age of 3 typically get 6-8 colds each cold/flu season (from October-April)! Yes, do the math...that's like a cold a month! Oh man, Kleenex is going to love me the next few years. Maybe we should all invest in Kleenex stock each August, and then sell it in February or March. Anyway, if that is true, then we're well below our projected cold count, so I should be grateful...even though I can't do anything without a 15 month old attached to my hip right now. :)

1 comment:

Rachael said...

I hear ya, Drew has been snotty for WEEKS! He is still on the antibiotic for his ear infection, and I guess this is our 2nd "sickness" of the year. Croup, now ear infection...ugh. what will be next?