It's taken me a while to post about this...I meant to a few weeks ago when we got the sandbox, but not having the camera handy and some cold weather has kept me from it.We got Sam a sandbox a few weeks ago and it has turned out to be a great purchase. We don't have much room for "playing" in our backyard (sideyard actually), so Sam hasn't really spent much time out there. But, we now have a sandbox on the patio and a reason to sit outside...which I love...I'm a BIG patio fan...at homes, restaurants, bars, anywhere! Sam was a little hesitant with the sand at first. It's cold and a little damp and he wasn't real sure about it. The sand we got at Home Depot is like beach sand...I guess maybe what all "play sand" is like. I've actually still only seen him sit in it once. He likes to sit on the side and put his feet in while he digs. But he does love it. He asks often to go "out" and asks us to (take the top) "off" his sandbox.
We purchased the Step 2 Naturally Playful Sandbox (I found one at Toys R Us to avoid having to order it, but Amazon has the best price.)..one of the roomiest ones I found and without a lot of extras. It's just big and has a cover...a cover that has actually survived some pretty intense spring storms already (although, we do have the sandbox right next to the house so it's somewhat protected).
Great fun for anyone looking for a neat outdoor activity!
No comments:
Post a Comment