THE MOST IMPORTANT WORK YOU AND I WILL EVER DO WILL BE WITHIN THE WALLS OF OUR HOME. -Harold B. Lee

Monday, August 4, 2008

Barely Keeping my Head Above Water...

-So I took over 500 pictures last week...need to sort through them and edit the ones I like...AND I had a couple of weeks of pictures (probably 200 or so) that needed to be done before I left.
-John's birthday is this weekend and Sam's is in a month...there's a small list of things to get done, but nothing like last year for the big 1st birthday!
-I have a long list of things to do this week (after being gone last week).
-I still have birthday money to spend!...that should be at the TOP of my list! But, I don't have time to spend it.
So, my posts may be a little scarce for a while.

But, I do have a quick little one...remember my post in June about Sam climbing out of the crib, the crib not meeting the minimum drop requirement (26 inches), and the report I filed with the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC)? I forgot to post about what happened after that...After contacting Munire that Monday and having a woman tell me to loosen the bolts that hold the springs in and push down on the springs (no, really, she was serious), she then sent me new brackets (the ones that were sent out to fix the previously recalled cribs) and our crib now drops 26 3/4" and Sam can't climb out of it! Well, in the last couple of days I've had a certain important person contacting me about it...an investigator with the CPSC...and he wants to visit with my dad and me next week about the incident and see the crib so he can take measurements and pictures. Seriously! These things excite me because I feel like my efforts may help someone else and keep another little one from getting hurt. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

that's great, sounds like your effort is paying off!