THE MOST IMPORTANT WORK YOU AND I WILL EVER DO WILL BE WITHIN THE WALLS OF OUR HOME. -Harold B. Lee

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Working on Manners

So we've been working hard to teach Sam a little please, thank you and excuse me. A couple of times last week he's used his "manners" although not exactly in the right way.


Thursday...

Sam's playing at the train table with some of the other kids at play group, I hear a scream (from another boy) and turn to see Sam running away with a train he's just hijacked. When I stop him and start explaining that he can't take the trains that some is playing with, he throws out a quick, "Thank you". It made me (and the other boy's mom) laugh, but I guess we need to work on reserving "thank you" for times when someone willingly gives a toy to him...and doesn't negate the fact that he's just taken something from someone.


Friday...

In the post office, I'm holding Sam at the automated postage machine and a lady walks by with her large shoulder bag and bumps Sam. Sam quickly turns around and says, "Excuse me". It made me chuckle. I only wish the lady would have heard him and realized that a almost 2 year old had better manners than her. Hmph!

No comments: