Not literally, but I do think I may cry. We went to the hair salon today...Sam's big clean up before the 2nd birthday extravaganza next weekend. John's been giving me grief about Sam's hair being too long. (Although, I will admit he was past due for a trim, he didn't need it "CUT!"...I was just trying to time it perfectly for the big birthday boy!) So I went in and hesitantly told our fabulous stylist, Julie, (who does 'cool-boy haircuts') that my husband wanted it cut, yes, cut...but, I really wanted to keep the wave/curl. So we decided on a more shaggy-surfer style...for daddy, right? I mean Sam's hair wasn't 'Ryder' long, but it was long...covered the ears, past the collar...all the things that daddy's high school football coach told him wasn't allowed. (Can you tell yet who I'm upset with?) So, Julie cut it and she did a terrific job...it's cute, but I immediately began mourning the loss of his long locks. I mean, what if I never birth a little girl...and I never have another boy with wavy hair...(Both John's and mine were pretty straight.)...I may never have this kind of hair on a kid again. Okay, yes, I'm being a little dramatic, but I'm sad.
AND THEN...
I come home and hubby says, "Well, I just meant it needed to be cut to get it out of his eyes." He. just. might. be sleeping outside tonight!!!
So here it is...again, poor-quality pictures from the phone (that I took to easily send to my mom). And just to remind you what it DID look like,
refer to our beach pictures (granted, the salt water and sea breeze did add to it quite a bit...it didn't look like that on a daily basis).



And yes, I know it's just hair, and it will grow back...And OH! It WILL be growing back! And after I give hubby just a little more grief about it tonight, I'll leave it alone...until tomorrow and people say, "Oh, Sam got a hair cut! " with THAT look on their face...and then I'll have to explain...
But, I'm going to try very hard to not make a big deal in front of Sam. Tonight, after talking to my mom, she pointed out that Sam could possibly pick up on my disappointment in his haircut. So for that reason, I'll stop.
(This is nuts! I've never even been this upset about my own hair!)
3 comments:
not to add to your pain, but his curls were great! :( Let's just hope they come back.
oohhh, he is your baby and you loved his curls...I get it. but he still looks super sweet!
Oh, he definitely still has 'cool boy' hair! Very cute!
Post a Comment