I noticed Sam was chewing on something when I changed his diaper this morning. I thought to myself, "Ooops, I must have not brushed well enough last night and he must have a piece of chicken in his teeth." I thought it would be funny to ask him about it to see what he thought it was...
"What are you eating?"
"Boogers."
"What?!?! BOOGERS?!?!? That's gross. We don't eat boogers!" "Where did you get those boogers?" (I was hoping that perhaps he was mistaken.)
"Nose.", pointing to his nose
"Who taught you how to eat your boogers?"
"Naawwwoooooo." (That's his long, drawn out, silly, "No".)
I'm not sure what that answer meant.
So, I come into the kitchen to tell John about the conversation Sam and I just had. John looked horrified, and then he asked, "Is that something we can put him in time out for?" I had to laugh. "No, honey, I don't think so."
At the breakfast table I talked to Sam again about boogers and explained that we don't eat them because it's like eating dirt off the floor..."they're dirty". I also explained that boogers go in tissues, and defintely not in our mouth. I know, I know, great breakfast conversation, huh?
Someone please save me from having the kid who eats his boogers!
5 comments:
Yeah. You're just going to have to live with that one. He'll grow out of it eventually, but it goes along with the biting, hitting, scratching bottoms, etc., etc. that all kids do *some of*. It's the luck of the draw on what you get to deal with. Just keep telling him how gross it is :)
Jack used to be HORRIBLE about eating boogers. He'd even slurp his snot when he had a cold! Blech!!!! Fortunately he is getting better, although I still see him sneak one occasionally...
yeah Drew has been just plopping his finger up his nose and leaving it there, cute huh?! then when he gets something he tells me "tissuuuu"
I have no words... this is hilarious... and sooooooo familiar! I think digging for boogers is up there with eating ice cream. It's just so tempting! Hey, if you're into organic, then there you go!
Soooooooooo funny!!
Post a Comment