...you find other means of communication.
Tonight, about an hour after Sam had gone to bed, I hear John cracking up in the kitchen. I go in to find him staring at the monitor, laughing at Sam. Sam's lying in bed with no pants on. John and I tried to figure out why he might have done this...he's never taken his pants off, at night or during the day...ever! So, John finally decided to go in to check on him in case he had a dirty diaper. That was it! John went in to Sam's room and he immediately started saying "poo-poo". He asked Sam if he tried to tell someone he had poo-poo, and he said, "yeeesss!" (We have a potty book that Sam likes that talks about Big Bird telling Nani Bird when he has to potty.) So, Sam was probably calling out to us about poo-poo and we didn't have the monitor sound up enough to hear him. And since we didn't respond, I guess he figured he'd take his pants off to signal to us via video screen. A relief that he ONLY took off his pants!
How many times do I have to say, I wish the monitor had a record button.
No comments:
Post a Comment