THE MOST IMPORTANT WORK YOU AND I WILL EVER DO WILL BE WITHIN THE WALLS OF OUR HOME. -Harold B. Lee

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Going Shopping

This is the grocery basket Sam got from Santa. It's near the top of the "Favorite Toys" list right now. Sam often tells me, "Going shopping mommy." and I find the first shelf of my pantry emptied into his basket. He just pushes his groceries around the house or "delivers" them to people...tonight daddy got a whole load of groceries delivered to him. Luckily he also likes to imitate me unloading groceries and putting them away.
We've also taken this to the grocery store with us when I need to run in for a thing or two and he LOVES pushing his grocery basket in the store. We're working on not traveling through the store like it's a race track though.

This idea stemmed from Sam's enjoyment in pushing a pink baby doll stroller through FAO Schwarz in New York. We make frequent trips together to the grocery store and I thought a grocery basket would go over a lot better with dad...there's even a seat for him to put his stuffed animals in when it's not full of groceries. I searched high and low for this thing (it's made by Melissa and Doug)...I found it in many online stores, but they were out of stock. Then I considered getting the cute wooden and canvas one from Plan Toys (because I love the company so much), but I really wanted a metal one like a real grocery basket. It's obviously been a huge hit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is SO CUTE! When you take it with you to the store, are you able to keep him from emptying every shelf into his little basket? I know that is what Gabby would want to do! Although, he may be too busy racing down the aisles :)

Anonymous said...

Take it to the Market!