It was actually closer to 11:00, but when you're asleep, it's all the same anyway.
Sometime in the middle of the night last night...
I get in bed around 10:15. Just starting to drift off and I hearing fussing...uhhh, seriously! I need to keep track of how often this happens to me. I lie there and listen for it to escalate. It doesn't. I'm relieved I don't have to get out of bed. Ahhhh...back to dreamland. About 15 minutes pass and again, fussing. But this time a tired little "mommy" in between the little puppy dog whimpers. I think, hmmm...unusual...he doesn't usually call for one of us. After 5 minutes, although the whimpers haven't turned to full fledged cries, I think "something's not right, better go check". Walk in and there sits a naked little Sam. Nope, no PJs and no diaper!...AND...the bed is soaked...FULL of pee...actually there are wet spots next to the bed too and all the way to the door...don't ask, I have NO idea!
Honey, honey...get up...I need your help...Sam has stripped off all his clothes and diaper and his bed is soaked. (At least I got a laugh here!)
John takes Sam to the bath and I change the bed sheets and scrub the pee spots on the carpet. Unfortunately, Sam only has one pillow...we have 6 identical, interchangeable blankies, but only one pillow...may need to look into fixing that problem. THE pillow had to go in the wash. Luckily Sam was happy to get to use my extra pillow instead...although I tried not to make it out to be an exciting thing because I don't need that to become a 'have-to-have' item in the bed also.
We crawl back in bed, John's concerned that Sam might try round two of the strip-down...HA!...no, honey...I don't think he really enjoyed sitting in a bed full of pee in the middle of the night. (...or at least, I hoped he disliked it enough to not do it again.)
...and then John wanted to talk about fishing...I just wanted to go to sleep!
2 comments:
oh sam, you make me laugh with this getting naked thing of yours!!!
Post a Comment