THE MOST IMPORTANT WORK YOU AND I WILL EVER DO WILL BE WITHIN THE WALLS OF OUR HOME. -Harold B. Lee

Monday, January 5, 2009

Twas The Night Before Christmas...

...and all through the house
Mrs. Claus searched for the special racecar for Sam from Santa.
It was THE one and without it Christmas might be ruined
It was "made" many miles away and there was no way to get another.

She thought she remembered putting it in a closet somewhere
And since her memory isn't great, she had told Mr. Claus where.
But Mr. Claus didn't remember the conversation they'd had (typical, right?)
So every closet was searched (by three people serveral times) from top to bottom.

Except for one closet, the one is Sam's room
So all sat by the monitor to watch for the stillness of a sleeping boy.
Then once asleep Mr. Claus snuck in to see
Aha! There it was! And Christmas was saved.

Seriously, it really happened...I almost ruined Christmas. John put it well when he said, "A rookie mistake, I guess."


I know this is a little late, but I forgot about it in my Christmas posts. We have a really cute book that we've read on Christmas Eve the last two years. Texas Night Before Christmas by James Rice. It's a cute variation of the original complete with Longhorns (as the reindeer), a wagon (as Santa's sleigh), and Santa in cowboy boots. I first heard of it when I was teaching elementary school. Our principal would visit each classroom the week before the Winter Break and read it to the kids. She did it in a great Texas accent and the kids always loved it.

1 comment:

The Gecks said...

Ha! I remember that one.... good ol Benita!