THE MOST IMPORTANT WORK YOU AND I WILL EVER DO WILL BE WITHIN THE WALLS OF OUR HOME. -Harold B. Lee

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Summer Fun

Sam had quite a time last week experiencing the fun of playing in the water hose in the backyard. My dad was at our house watching him and this started with a game of "Spraying Tucker with the water hose". Dad said Sam accidentally got his shorts wet with the hose and stopped to look at my dad to see what was going to happen...nothing!...which meant the game quickly turned into "How wet can I get?" How much better can a summer afternoon in the backyard for a kid get?
This reminds me that I need to slow down and take time to have more fun, and let Sam have more fun. If I were the one in charge during this situation I probably would have been irritated that Sam got his shorts wet, oh no, wait, back up...I probably wouldn't have let him get the hose out in the first place. And this isn't my typical parenting personality! I've been a little up-tight lately (Dad, keep your comments to yourself!)...the move?, being pregnant?, a beautiful but partially furnished and undecorated house with lots of things to do?, it's HOT!!! outside?...all of the above!?!?!? Regardless, I think we'll try for a few more of these fun times in the upcoming weeks.

The first three photos are series of photos I took within a minute's time, "A Lesson in How the Hose Works". And the best part of the "game" was that daddy came home during this time and didn't think Sam was old enough to understand the fun of turning the water hose on daddy...Sam showed him otherwise! My dad said he doesn't think he's ever seen John laugh as hard as he did when he got sprayed by Sam.




More photos on our photo page.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess I dont know what to say so I won't!

Anonymous said...

So cute! Don't feel bad- we're all guilty of forgetting to have fun. Especially when pregnant!
We have the same tricycle that's in your picture :)