THE MOST IMPORTANT WORK YOU AND I WILL EVER DO WILL BE WITHIN THE WALLS OF OUR HOME. -Harold B. Lee

Thursday, July 30, 2009

IT'S Another BOY!

We found out at our first appointment with the perinatologist about a month ago. (In the sono picture, his head is on the right and legs on the left. His belly is the big oval shaped thing in the center.) Although I was only 11 weeks pregnant, the doctor said, "Don't paint the room yet, but I'd be very surpirsed if this isn't a boy." And he confirmed that last week, at 17 weeks. My first reaction was sadness...no dance classes and recitals, no musical theater, no hair bows, no pictures with cute frilly tutus, no dresses and leggings, no mary janes, no Lelli Kelly sparkly shoes, no braids or pony tails... (We plan to only have two.) The second thought I had was, "maybe this means we can try for another?"...John just looked at me like, "don't even go there." And honestly, the thought of trying for a third and having another little boy scares me a little...that energy scares me! And then about 5 minutes after learning we were having another boy, I settled back in to what I used to say (pre-kids), "I'd love to be the mom of only boys!" No little girl sassiness, or teenage girl drama, or Christmas lists with expensive shoes and bags. No one to have to share the hair, nail, shoe or bag budget with...it's all mine. And boy, will I be well taken care of! With three men in my house (plus a male dog), I'm going to be a princess! (Although I'd really still gladly share all that with a daughter if I could talk hubby into a third, but don't tell him I'm still talking about THAT.) And as a mom of boys, I vow to have the finest gentlemen around...they will learn to open doors for ladies, carry the groceries in, take out the trash, pick up the dog poop in the yard, pump a woman's gas, (geez, all these things I'll never have to to again for myself), pull the chair out for a lady, compliment a woman, buy flowers (and nice bags as gifts)...and they will learn to never complain about the cost of highlights, or make up, or spa treatments! And like hubby, they will know all the best fabric and furniture stores in town. But, girls, I do have to tell you, you're going to have a hard time living up to momma's cooking. That's okay...they'll be the cooks...even better! As you can tell, I'm very excited about this new "boy mom" role of mine.
Below is a picture and the video of how we told our families. This was very different than last time since we chose not to find out with Sam. John got to go to the waiting room and announce it to the family when Sam was born. I was excited to get to take part in that excitement this time. (Although you'll see, some of them seem to be a little disappointed.)


It's A BOY! from Jennifer Steubing on Vimeo.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What!?! Only two? I'm pretty certain we used to sit in the pod, and you said about 4 billion times that you were going to have FOUR!!! Have I lost my mind?
Anyway, Congratulations on your newest blessing...you're making me want more boys!

The Gecks said...

Well if your boys do all those things, then let's just set up an arranged marriage right now. Yeah for Sam! And congratulations Momma to the 2nd power.