THE MOST IMPORTANT WORK YOU AND I WILL EVER DO WILL BE WITHIN THE WALLS OF OUR HOME. -Harold B. Lee

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

This Is What Happens When...

I've decided to make a new segment here on the blog called, "This is What Happens When...". You can fill in anything you'd like after that...I'm vacuuming, I'm on the computer, I'm cooking...anything that would require me to take my eyes off of Sam. It will be fun to go back and read one of these days.

This morning has been one full of mischief. We have workers here wiring our AV equipment and installing outdoor and ceiling speakers. So, I've been a bit distracted with having to make decisions...here or there?, this way or that? And Sam had taken full advantage of me being distracted.

The first...
I walk outside in the back yard to find Tucker and Sam with their faces in a pool of stagnant water on top of the sandbox cover sharing a drink. Thank goodness the water was there from the sprinklers running this morning.

#2...
Sam walked out the front door! Yep! We have a chime on our doors so I know when one opens. I knew he had done it and by the time I got out there he was half way to the street. I don't make it a habit to leave the door unlocked, because this isn't the first time he's done that...we actually have two locks on our front door...but, today it's unlocked for the workers. He was just going to see what the worker was getting out of his car.

(And this reminds me of an episode of What Happens When... from last week. I allowed Sam to ride his Gator in the gated part of our driveway because I knew John wasn't coming home any time soon. I was in the kitchen looking out our front window and see Sam on his Gator, with Tucker following close behind, heading down the driveway to the sidewalk. Sam had opened our electric gate and was going on a little adventure with his buddy Tuck.)

#3, today...
This is a picture of the newly planted monkey grass that Sam and Tucker tore out of the flower bed and scattered all over the back yard. Sam said he was looking for worms. The worst part is that he got in trouble for this very. same. thing. yesterday!

I'm very grateful for nap time today!

1 comment:

Rachael said...

i seriously can't get over the huge mess in the backyard, I would have flipped!
gosh, these guys are getting big!