THE MOST IMPORTANT WORK YOU AND I WILL EVER DO WILL BE WITHIN THE WALLS OF OUR HOME. -Harold B. Lee

Monday, May 24, 2010

Sam's Last Day of (2 1/2 year old) Preschool

Last Thursday was Sam's last day of school (in his 2 1/2 year old class).  We had a family picnic at school with his class and teachers.  John was able to get out of work for a couple of hours to attend, Sam got to play with all his friends while mom and dad visited, and we got to meet Sam's little girlfriend's mom (we exchanged information so we can get the kids together over the summer).
It was such a crazy week getting ready...class treats, teacher gifts, class gifts, etc.  And the morning proved to be just as crazy.  I thought I had it all together...everything was wrapped, labeled, ready to hand out, and sitting by the door.  And then, 30 minutes before I needed to leave I was about to finish getting myself ready and I realized I HADN'T MADE THE LUNCHES!  Seriously Jen?!?!?  I kicked it into high gear because I did NOT want to be late and have Sam walking around looking for us and be the only kid without parents there!  AAAHHHHHH!  I did make it...just two minutes late...and I walked up loaded down with Ben in the Ergo on my chest, and three bags, just as Sam was walking out of the building with his class.  And John had made it from work just before me.  Whew!  I didn't have our picnic spot set up yet, but as he walked out with a smile on his face looking around the field for us, I was able to say, "Sam, Sam, here we are!"  All was well!
I think every parent made treats to share...rice krispies treats, brownies, cookies galore!  And the kids had a great time playing bubbles and ball.  It was a great ending to a great year.  And although we're moving on to another fabulous school, we're going to miss Sam's first school, friends, and teacher.  I was a little sad driving away when Sam said "Bye!" to "his" playground and said "Mommy, I don't want to go to summer, I want to go to school!"  That's what it's all about...mission accomplished this year!


Sam, first day of school this year...



Sam, with his class at the picnic...



Sam, last day of school this year...


No comments: