THE MOST IMPORTANT WORK YOU AND I WILL EVER DO WILL BE WITHIN THE WALLS OF OUR HOME. -Harold B. Lee

Sunday, October 3, 2010

What Happens When...part ?

...when Mom AND Dad aren't paying attention.

This story starts with me not being able to find my car keys.  If you know Sam, you know where this story is going...

I was trying to leave the other day and couldn't find my keys.  Both John and I were here, I had been in the house and John was loading up to go to the deer lease.  The house has been wide open because of the beautiful weather so we have no idea when Sam's inside or out back if our eyes aren't on him (no door chime to alert us that someone has escaped).  After looking for my keys in all the usual places, I told John I couldn't find them.  The light bulb immediately went off in his head...Sam...I assumed he knew something I didn't.  He said he thought that perhaps Sam had been "driving" my car.  I then vaguely remembered overhearing a conversation between John and Sam earlier in which Sam was saying, "No, I'm driving the real car!"  It's been a long time game of Sam's to sit in the driver's seat of a car, while someone sits in the passenger seat, and to push, turn, and move every control and button in the vehicle.

I went to my car to investigate and sure enough...

keys were in my car (scary!), and Sam had loaded all his lawn equipment (blower, weed eater, lawn mower, etc.) into the front seat of my car.  I never did find out where he was planning to go.

No comments: