Age 4 seems to be the age of negotiation.
Sam likes to gives us reasons, support his arguments and choices, explain why, and it's always because he knows better than us. It's amazing how much knowledge is gained in four years of life...who knew I only needed to be 4 to know everything.
Here's an example of one of our recent conversations...
"Sam, have I told you that you can't play with dad's real screwdrivers without him?...You have your own screwdrivers to play with. Do you understand why you can't play with dad's screwdrivers?
(we've had some near disasters recently...things being taken apart, damage to furniture...while "playing" with dad's screwdrivers)
"Well, mom, the once is (holding up one finger) I'm not going to hurt myself, and the other thing is (holding up a second finger) I'm not going to break anything."
And this is precisely where I fail in the discipline department...because this is where I start giggling. I can't help it!
1 comment:
Drew's nickname around here is "The Negotiator"! glad to know we are not alone!!!
Post a Comment