THE MOST IMPORTANT WORK YOU AND I WILL EVER DO WILL BE WITHIN THE WALLS OF OUR HOME. -Harold B. Lee

Monday, November 1, 2010

Hands

Another unfinished post I didn't forgot about from the beginning of November at 10 months old.

Ben started using his hands last week to tell us things...

On Thursday he waved bye to Sam when we dropped him off at school.  My mom tells me he waved one other time about a month ago, but we hadn't seen it.  He's now waving in various ways...full arm up and down wave, open and closing hand wave...but he's definitely got the waving concept down.

He also started signing "more" to us when he's eating, or when he's hungry.  He doesn't have the sign exactly right...he does more of a clap, open hands together instead of fingertips...but after almost a week of seeing him do this, I'm pretty sure it's "more" and not clapping...

...which by the way he still doesn't do...he doesn't clap!...strange.  But I guess we probably haven't done much clapping for him to learn it.  We celebrate and encourage when he does something wonderful, but I always forget to clap.  Maybe I'm the strange one and not him.

No comments: