THE MOST IMPORTANT WORK YOU AND I WILL EVER DO WILL BE WITHIN THE WALLS OF OUR HOME. -Harold B. Lee

Monday, November 29, 2010

Can't Catch A Break

Seriously!...and little Ben is getting the short end of the stick.

Cold season is tough with kids. I remember last year John asking me countless times, "Why is he in school at 3?" John would get irritated every time Sam got sick and would blame it on school. Likely explanation, but not the only place he could get germs...we were also in music and a playgroup as well as just being out and about. And now with two munchkins, it's double the fun. Sam pretty much just gets the normal ol' cold with a croupy cough every once in a while, but we're pretty good at managing Sam's colds now. Although he's added one fun bit of excitement to his colds this season...he pukes...just once, but because it's just once at the start of each cold, we've determined it's probably just from drainage. I don't know what's better though, the actual puking or the three days of paranoia about puking that sets in after the one puke!

And poor Ben...I guess I should've known what was coming when the little guy had his first cold at 8 days old. The last few weeks have been brutal. Today began his second tummy bug in as many weeks. He was sick for 5 days just a week and a half ago, was well for 6 days, and now has another tummy bug. And before the first tummy bug began, he had just gotten over the wonderful Hand, Foot, and Mouth disease! Sam puked for the first time on Thanksgiving Day last year (we ALL remember) at age 3...Ben, twice in two weeks at 11 months. My sister Katy calls Sam a little carrier monkey because he always has some sweet illness to give the rest of us!

All I gotta say is Ben better have an immune system of steal when he starts school!

No comments: