THE MOST IMPORTANT WORK YOU AND I WILL EVER DO WILL BE WITHIN THE WALLS OF OUR HOME. -Harold B. Lee

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Sam's First Soccer Game

Sam had his first soccer game on Saturday...so. much. fun!  It was his very first organized game in any sport.  First uniform...he got to pick his number.  First pair of cleats.
They had "practice"/warm-ups before the game doing some little ball handling drills during which Sam ran over to me and said, "Mom, I really like this game!"...he thought THAT was the game.

warming-up

The best moment (and I forgot the video camera!) was, hands down, the start of the game.  No one explained to those who hadn't played before how the game starts and what to do...so...the whistle blew and Sam and two of his teammates stood in the middle of the field and watched their other two teammates take off after the other team, who had the ball!

The game has begun...these three are watching it from mid-field
Sam only sat down to rest twice in the middle of the field during play and he ran after the ball with a smile on his face!

Sam gets some ball action...beginning to figure out the "game"
Trying to get the ball from this little guy who scored countless goals...
although, I don't believe there was that much strategy involved on Sam's part.

We're all looking forward to next weekend!

No comments: