THE MOST IMPORTANT WORK YOU AND I WILL EVER DO WILL BE WITHIN THE WALLS OF OUR HOME. -Harold B. Lee

Friday, March 25, 2011

This...Already?, Chapter 3

Sam's teacher told us at our conference last week that a boys' school would be good for Sam...she mentioned a specific high school (for other reasons than it just being a boys' school).  It was somewhat of a joke.  Kind of mentioned in a light-hearted way.  We all laughed. But she was probably more serious than she let on...and we're quite serious about it!  Unfortunately, there is only one boys' (lower) school in our city.  And I think perhaps an all boys boarding school/community/compound/military academy might be in order for Mr. Sam.  Okay, okay, I'm so not serious about that!  His teacher did have at least one thing exactly right, we're "going to have our hands full"!


This was the conversation on the way home from school yesterday...(names have been changed to protect the innocent)

"Mom, Molly had on a fally (pronounced fawl-ee) dress today."

"A fally dress?...what's a fally dress?"

"A dress that falls off."

"Her dress was falling off?...what do you mean her dress was falling off?"

"Her dress kept falling off her arm today." *grinning*


So apparently "Molly" had on a spaghetti strapped dress yesterday and the strap kept falling off her shoulder...and yes, my son apparently enjoyed it!  Really, where does he learn this stuff?  You'd think he watches rap videos all day...MTV...plays inappropriate video games all day or something.  In reality, he watches less than two hours of TV (PBS/History Channel/Discovery Channel/train videos) a week...and we don't keep TV on in our house all the time...the cable news in the evening sometimes.  I don't know where this comes from.  He's in preschool for goodness sake!  These kids aren't even old enough to have a dress code yet!  Parents of girls, this is the reason there are dress codes...embrace them, don't fight them, don't complain, don't try to sneak around them for a cute outfit...protect your daughters from little boys like mine.  My apologies to all the parents of the little girls in my son's future classes (if we don't get him into that boys' school).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha! That is so funny, and yet, so true. I've got those girls, and I'm entering the frontlines of battle with one headed into those 'tween' years. I vow to you to do my part :) I refuse to be a part of this sexualization of young girls!
On another note, are there really boys schools for lower grades?