The family all came out for the Arboretum Easter Egg Hunt again this year. This year just 8 of us were there (plus the boys)...we've had up to 12 in past years. Such a fun, beautiful event! And the boys did not fail to entertain all of us. The highlights included Ben having a meltdown with all the commotion (despite the fact that it's very organized and there's not much commotion) at the start of the hunt, and the boys enjoying the Toad Fountain. And I always love getting to walk around the Arboretum early in the morning on a Saturday in Spring before it opens and gets crowded.
Ben could hardly wait to get down and pick up eggs...
And so daddy let him...(before the hunt officially started)
But then the hunt began, and you would have thought someone must have shot the start gun off right next to him...there was no start gun, but the "GO! GO! GO!" from everyone and Sam taking off running scared him to death...
Here's Sam heading to the middle as we told him he should since everyone else would start at the edge and work in...
And we were so busy trying to console Ben that I didn't see this...(apparently no strategy was needed, or the strategy worked well...John said he just hoped Sam didn't push any little ones over to get these! OI!)
Ben's first chocolate...
And then Sam had another plan, his own...
Ben figured out very quickly what was supposed to be in his eggs!
Laughing at Pappi's animal sounds...
And then we stopped at the Toad Fountain. Which started like this... I asked Katy to hold on to Ben so he didn't get too crazy in the water or fall down. And I told Sam I didn't have ANY extra clothes for him and I wasn't going to get any before we went to eat.
And then this happened...
Which led to this...
Ben dried rather quickly. Sam was still a little wet when we got home after brunch. But, he tried to use the sun and breeze to dry himself and we even hung his shirt out the car window for him on the way to eat.
Fun times and great memories!














No comments:
Post a Comment