Ben got to go to "school" today for the first time. We're trying to decide whether or not we're going to send him to real school in the Fall (at Sam's school) and the three day mini camp he's attending this week is a trial run the school offers for siblings of current students.
Ben LOVES the water fountains and step stools in the hallways at Sam's school so the most difficult part of the morning was getting Ben out of the hallway and into the classroom. He finally started playing with some blocks in the classroom and I was able to step out without any problems.
I happened to have a meeting at the school this morning so I saw each of the classes going to the gym. When Ben's class came in (the youngest ones), almost every single one of them was boo-hooing!...including Ben, with his blankie in hand. His teacher said he didn't like the gym, but they went outside after the gym and he loved that. She said he kept crawling on the play equipment to slide. When I picked him up, he was holding his blankie and sucking his thumb, but he was also busy doing things in the classroom. He didn't even notice when I walked into the room and when he did see me, he continued playing for a short time before coming to me.
All-in-all, I consider it a success! Tomorrow will probably be more difficult.
![]() |
| Trying to get a picture of Ben with his school bag, getting ready to go to camp. |
![]() |
| handprints done at camp |



No comments:
Post a Comment