THE MOST IMPORTANT WORK YOU AND I WILL EVER DO WILL BE WITHIN THE WALLS OF OUR HOME. -Harold B. Lee

Thursday, March 27, 2008

First Time Flying a Kite

It has been so windy here! A couple of days ago John was off for the afternoon so we set out on a kite flying adventure. I didn't have any kites on hand, so we made a quick stop at Toys R Us to find one. Unfortunately, many people have also had the same idea recently...their selection was terrible and picked over. We ended up with an airplane kite that turned out to be pretty neat...after John was able to assemble it...the package said "easy assembly", but it took 30 minutes...not what I call "easy"! And then every time he'd fly it and it crashed, parts of it would come undone...hmph! Sam was not interested for long, but John had a great time. You can see more photos on our photo website (password is our last name, it's case sensitive).
We ended up spending two hours at the park...John ran into a friend of his who was there with his son, and Sam played and played and played. Earlier that day I picked up a little bag of sand digging tools and remembered to bring it too...Sam played for 20 or 30 minutes in the sand with those tools! I had no idea he'd enjoy them so much. So, I bought him a sand box for our back patio today...I'll post about that later.
I did locate a hobby shop near us that I'm hoping will have a better selection of kites. And my dad was able to locate my sister's kite and my kite from when we were young. They still look to be in good shape...just need to get some new string. I'm excited about flying those soon, because they're REAL kites...not the ol' Toys R Us junk!

No comments: