THE MOST IMPORTANT WORK YOU AND I WILL EVER DO WILL BE WITHIN THE WALLS OF OUR HOME. -Harold B. Lee

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's Day

Mother's Day was a great one this year...the only unfortunate thing is that I didn't get any pictures of Sam and me! I totally forgot! We had a nice relaxing day of doing nothing and I loved it. My Sundays usually consist of planning meals for the week, making the grocery list, going to the grocery store, and cooking Sunday dinner for the family (the best part of Sundays is that John's parents are always here and play with Sam while all the above mentioned chores are being done.) But, for Mother's Day, I decided not to go to the grocery store, or even get showered and dressed until 3pm. John made Sam and me a breakfast of waffles and an omelet. And dinner was fabulous too. There is nothing I love more than sitting outside on a patio for dinner and/or drinks. And for Mother's Day, I got to have both...italian food and a bottle of wine on the patio at Patrizio's. Our weather was unbelieveable Sunday...dry, sunny, warm in the sun, cool in the shade...perfect! Although I have to admit I was a bit of a princess about my patio dining. John was having horrible allergy issues Sunday and I still made him sit outside (even though he wanted to sit inside). Really, any other day I would not have made him sit outside, but it was Mother's Day...I'm allowed to be a princess on that. one. day., right? Actually, once we sat down to eat outside on the patio he started feeling better...so he wasn't miserable.

I hope all you other mommies also had a great day with your kiddos.

No comments: