THE MOST IMPORTANT WORK YOU AND I WILL EVER DO WILL BE WITHIN THE WALLS OF OUR HOME. -Harold B. Lee

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Two and a Half Weeks of Red

Here are some pictures of our last couple of weeks learning the color red. (More on our photo website in the May 2008-Sam, 20 months album.) I had a conversation with a friend a few weeks ago that prompted us to start teaching Sam his colors and shapes. I took what I've been reading about in Young at Art, and I'm turning it into color lessons for Sam...nothing complicated, just pointing out everything red in our day-to-day activities, painting with red finger paints, coloring with red on white paper and with white on red paper. I also put a pocket chart on the wall in Sam's playroom with the word red on the top to put red things in. And so far so good. I think we've mastered red and are ready to move on to blue.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

you always make me feel so behing! love the pic of the paint on Tucker!