THE MOST IMPORTANT WORK YOU AND I WILL EVER DO WILL BE WITHIN THE WALLS OF OUR HOME. -Harold B. Lee

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Katy Bar the Door

Literally! Sam can now open doors! Yesterday I bought child-proofing door handle covers...I hate them already! Are there any "good" ones out there that aren't such a pain to use? They are now a necessity for us and are on all of our doors. I also bought toilet locks, which are a pretty neat invention. We're somewhat safe for now. I guess, until he learns how to work the child-proofing devices.
And then a friend told me this story today...very funny, but frightening...
Imagine this...Grandparents are bathing your son (insert your child's name) and you (mom and dad) are cooking in the kitchen. We've all been there, right? Grandparents get son out of the bath and he runs to the other room. Grandparents think son went to the kitchen with mom and dad...mom and dad think son is in the bathroom with grandparents. Doorbell rings...you open the door and there stands your neighbor, with your naked son. Yes, this really happened to a friend's friend. The little boy (2 years old) knew how to open doors and let himself outside after his bath. Luckily a neighbor found him and brought him home. They now have a chain on their front door that the little boy can't reach.
THIS, my friends, sounds like something that would happen in my house!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a friend who woke up from a nap b/c the doorbell was ringing. When she answered it, it was her 18month old son! He woke from his nap and pushed the screen out of his window to go outside. How about that for freaky???

Rachael said...

I also had a fried whose 3 year old left the house via the front door and was found by neighbors down by a creek-all after the police were called and the neighborhood had been blocked off. scary!

Anonymous said...

My dad is actually going to put those "hotel style" locks on the top of all our doors....I found Leyton in the garage two days ago. Luckily, he was just riding his little truck around and the garage door was closed!