THE MOST IMPORTANT WORK YOU AND I WILL EVER DO WILL BE WITHIN THE WALLS OF OUR HOME. -Harold B. Lee

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Our Soccer Tot


Sam started soccer on Saturday...I know you're thinking, 'Soccer, he's not even two...how does that work?' We actually found a program (thanks to my friend Kristin) that starts kids at 18 months, called Soccer Tots (it's a nation-wide program so they may have classes near you). I was a bit skeptical at first, so I went to observe in the spring...and I was impressed. They do games that teach soccer skills in a fun way. Saturday John and Sam stretched, ran, dribbled, shot goals, chased hula hoops, kicked cones, chased each other's tails, and headed balloons. (I was told by a friend who is a soccer trainer and coach that the classes can vary in quality depending on the instructor so always ask around or observe your instructor first.) We can't wait until next Saturday!









More photos on our photo page. (password is our last name)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fun! I think we might sign up in the fall after our Little Gym semester ends. Dave used to play club soccer so he will love it.

Anonymous said...

bbswcbBad Mom?! I don’t think it has anything to do with bad or good issue it is what it is. Sam will grow out of it and he will be shown what to respect and be cautious of. I am sure his mom will do that. It won’t take long that he will be taught the difference as he is in everything else. He isn’t afraid of birds or insects in the yard he just needs to be worked with on flying insects. After the incident he was looking for the butterfly so he could see it it just never came back. The thing now is to teach him the difference in a butterfly and a bee. There are a lot of bees in the yard this time of the year and most here are honey bees that will tend not to bother you . You will be able to take him out and let him watch them work and make sure he doesn’t disturb them.
pop

- said...

Greetings from KIWI magazine!

We are a bi-monthly, family-centered publication with a focus on natural and organic lifestyles. At KIWI, we share the desire held by all parents to create a safe, happy environment for our children that promotes growth and well-being.

With this in mind, we’d love to work with you and your blog to spread these shared values in any way we can. If you are interested in receiving the latest information for eco-conscious families, we encourage you to sign up for KIWI’s e-mail blasts. Additionally, we welcome the opportunity to award a free subscription to one of your readers. For more information, visit http://www.kiwimagonline.com/KiwiSignUps/blogs.php.

Thanks for taking the time to learn about KIWI! We hope to hear from you soon.

Marygrace Stergakos
Editorial Intern

mstergakos@maymediagroup.com