THE MOST IMPORTANT WORK YOU AND I WILL EVER DO WILL BE WITHIN THE WALLS OF OUR HOME. -Harold B. Lee

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Science Museum

We took a trip to Dallas Museum of Nature & Science last week. I'd heard, from friends, that it was a fun place so I had really high expectations. Unfortunately, I wasn't impressed. I think the main reason being that it was very crowded, and NOTHING was in it's place. It was chaotic and a mess. Sam did enjoy the few thing that were bolted down, but other than that we had to pass by a lot of stuff. It was very disappointing. I was surprised to not see even one museum employee in the downstairs children's area monitoring or trying to keep things in order...oh, yeah, there was one...he was on a ladder, in the middle of the kitchen area, painting! Yes, you read that right...painting, and all that goes a long with that...a ladder that the kids could access, wet paint (although it was high enough that most kids couldn't touch it), and of course the smell of paint that filled the air...now, isn't that nice. But, I've not written it off yet. All my friends who have been have really enjoyed it so I'm thinking we must have just been there on the wrong day.









More pictures on our photo page. (password is our last name)

2 comments:

Rachael said...

nah, I don't think you were that far off. we went once and had a good time and liked some of the exhibts, but it isn't some place I would go all the time. we were lucky though, the day we went there was nobody there...and nobody painting thank goodness!

Anonymous said...

We went last week too. Gabby had a blast so it was a fun trip. But I thought all of the toys and activities were dirty and not kept up well. I also noticed several moms there that were pretty much checked out...sitting off to the side, texting, zoned out, one even was SLEEPING while kids ran wild, pretty much using it as an air conditioned playgroud. Which probably explains the poor condition of the exhibits. I'm sure we will go back because we did have fun. But I was convinced that Gabby was going to come down with lice, tuberculosis, the plague, SOMETHING from playing with all those yucko toys.