THE MOST IMPORTANT WORK YOU AND I WILL EVER DO WILL BE WITHIN THE WALLS OF OUR HOME. -Harold B. Lee

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Christmas Outings

Yes, I said Christmas! I know, it's not even Halloween. But, I just got a call from a friend..."Jennifer, check John's schedule...Do you want to?...I just booked it...and this too...Do you want to do this?...because they sell out fast too." Okay, okay, yes. Got it. It's on the calendar. I'll let John know. Hang up and text John with the dates, and a "Don't pick up extra call."

So, now let me share so you too can get tickets and reservations if you're interested.

Carriage rides through Highland Park to see Christmas lights. I don't know who our ride is booked through, but I just googled "Highland Park Christmas carriage rides" and there are a number of companies who do this...and I'm not sure what it costs either. But, it apparently books up FAST! My friend just got the email alert (from the company they've used before) this week and the closest she could get to Christmas was December 15.

The Grapevine Vintage Railroad North Pole Express train ride. From the website:

The North Pole Express is the perfect way to celebrate the season for kids of all ages. The Grapevine Depot area will be decorated with thousands of lights, animated characters, and Christmas cheer. You will enjoy a thirty minute live sing-a-long stage show. Once on board there will more singing, story time and a visit from Santa. Also on the grounds will be a bounce house, free ornament making factory, North Pole General Store, concession stands, photos with Santa for purchase, a visit with Hobo Bob, Lone Star High-Railers model railroad layout and much more.

In years past, our friends have done this in their Christmas PJs...well, the kids have...you won't find me in public in my PJs! Sam will LOVE it! Although, my little guy, who thrives on routine and normalcy (so much so that John occasionally lovingly calls him "Rainman") may be a little thrown off by putting his pajamas on and going somewhere. We'll have to see how that plays out.

I'm excited that Christmas is on the way!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess all of the little ones are excited that Christmas is on the way, and they should be, but don’t you think you are a little, or should be, past that stage. There is something I need to tell you about Christmas now that you may be old enough to understand! All though you don’t seem to want to believe in reality! “If you keep believing he keeps coming” is getting a little old!

Anonymous said...

Those sound like fun! We might check out the grapevine one.