THE MOST IMPORTANT WORK YOU AND I WILL EVER DO WILL BE WITHIN THE WALLS OF OUR HOME. -Harold B. Lee

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Why

We have officially entered the "why" stage. A while back Sam started questioning with "Who's that?" or "What's that?"...my favorite is definitely, "What means that?" when I say a word he's never heard or doesn't know the meaning of. But, he never asked "Why?" I thought it should be about time for "Why?", but was glad we hadn't reached that milestone. Just last week I told John that I was surprised that he hadn't started with "Why?"...and wouldn't you know it...just three days ago it started. I told him to pick something up off the floor that he dropped while he was eating and he said, "Why?" We've had about 3 or 4 "Whys?" a day since then and thankfully he only asks once, although I'm sure that will change.
John wants to know how long this stage usually lasts...anyone?

3 comments:

Rachael said...

what timing, we JUST started this stage last week! I guess that means Drew started earlier than Sam though, since Sam is older by about 7 weeks! Drew asks WHY s-e-v-e-r-a-l times a day! I don't know how long it lasts for either...hopefully not too long...I've already caught myself saying 'because I said so buddy!'

Marsha said...

Leyton did that for a while. He asked over and over and over again. I would give him a short, concise answer. I'd say it lasted about 2 months or so. I am expecting it to make a return sometime soon though!!!

Anonymous said...

Why are you so surprised You and Katy& Steubing still do it. So how long? Forever!