THE MOST IMPORTANT WORK YOU AND I WILL EVER DO WILL BE WITHIN THE WALLS OF OUR HOME. -Harold B. Lee

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Our Little Bike Rider

Here's a video of Sam riding his balance bike, Skuut. I am truly amazed at how quickly he's picked this up and how much he LOVES riding it. The tricycle rarely gets used anymore and he asks to ride his bike almost every time he's outside. Just 3 months ago when I let him try a balance bike at a friend's house he sat on it and cried because he couldn't figure out what to do and had a hard time holding it up (it was another brand that was metal and heavy). When we got him this one for his birthday, he was pretty uncomfortable on it. He looked awkward trying to just walk it and wouldn't sit his bottom down on the seat. He was basically walking around with a bike between his legs. And here we are just a month later. He loves to go out and ride (straight) on the sidewalk because he can go fast and he runs this thing as fast as his little legs will move. I told John that I would bet he's ready to ride a regular bike without training wheels within the year ahead. I wish I had gotten a video of his first few days on the bike to see the change in a month. This is such a fun toy!


Balance Bike from Jennifer Steubing on Vimeo.

No comments: