Dear Baby #2,
I saw the doctor today and you seem to be considering making an early appearance (I'm 37 wks today, technically "full term", and I'm 3 cm, 50% effaced, -3 station) ...let me remind you that your due date is January 1. While we are anxious to meet you, I was really hoping you'd wait until after Christmas to join us. Santa will still bring you toys!...you need not be here to get toys from Santa...he knows you're coming and we will make sure your brother doesn't take your toys.
Please, please, please consider holding off for a little bit longer...
Tomorrow we're taking your big brother to breakfast with Santa and a concert at the Symphony. Sunday night we have been invited to dinner at the neighbor's house. Your Nana and Pappi are in California this weekend. Next Tuesday I have hair appointments (which will likely be my last ones until you start taking a bottle...dear, I REALLY need to get my hair done!). I also need to get my nails done before your arrival. I'd like to make gingerbread cookies for your brother's classmates next week before the Christmas break. Next Friday I have an appointment to have the car seats checked to make sure they are installed correctly. Next Saturday your daddy and I have tickets to see South Pacific (I really, really want to see it) and we have a Christmas party Saturday night. A week from Monday we have a carriage ride planned to go see Christmas lights...I'd really like to join your daddy and big brother on that carriage ride. So, you see, the next week or so is really full of things I need to do. Also, your Auntie La and Aunt Liz don't finish their finals until the end of next week. They can't get here until next weekend and really want to be here when you're born. I'm also having some items knitted for your newborn pictures, and they likely won't be here for another 2-3 weeks.
Let me also share another little bit of info with you...IT'S FREEZING OUT HERE!...38 degrees this morning. I promise, life is much more enjoyable on the inside...take advantage of every minute.
Okay, that's all for now. We're getting ready to meet you, and are all very excited, but really, hang in there just a little longer, we're not quite ready...we'll have years together once you get here.
Love,
Your Mommy
...I'm off pack my hospital bag!
3 comments:
If he is like Sam he is teasing you!Or he may want to surprise you!
yeah mommy go pack that bag! I was 4cm at my 38 week appt and my doc wouldn't let me go home! he sent me up to L&D, gave me some pitocin and Ms. C was born 4 hours later!
I hope he stays in there a little longer for you. Let us know if you need anything!
hugs!
That's very exciting!! Last time I was 3cm dilated, I gave birth less than 2 hours later! Although I've heard so many stories of mamas walking around very dilated for weeks. I hope he holds out a bit longer for you.
ps - I just met someone here that knows Michelle H. from college. Isn't that a small world?!?
Post a Comment