I've been talking to Sam about what he wants for Christmas...what he's going to tell Santa he wants for Christmas. So far we have a green race car and a green train. He also mentioned that he wants a truck pulling a flatbed trailer with a backhoe loader on it. Fortunately he already has one of those (made by Bruder...great company, great toys, if you've never discovered them) at his Pop's house. Although Sam felt he needed one at his house too. I had to explain that he doesn't need two...that he could just bring the one from Pop's house to his house and Santa could make another one for another child who doesn't have one...he decided maybe Santa could give one to his friend Jackson or his friend Marty. Other than those things, Sam hasn't asked for much else. I'll have to get creative I guess...as long as it's green I think he'll love it (green is Sam's very favorite color).
So we went to a Holiday Party a few days ago organized by our local early childhood PTA group. Santa was there and Sam kept his distance. He finally decided he'd like to sit on Santa's lap but when we got in line and two younger children in front of us had melt downs on Santa's lap, Sam quickly reconsidered the sitting on Santa's lap idea. I talked to him when we got home about going to see Santa another time so he could tell Santa what he wanted for Christmas. It went something like this...
"Well, honey, we'll have to go see Santa another time so you can tell him what you'd like for Christmas."
"Uhhhh...I really don't want to go see Santa."
"Well, if we don't go see him, he's not going to know what presents to bring you for Christmas."
"Ummm...mom...I don't want any presents for Christmas."
Hmmm...wondering if we're going to get a picture with Santa this year or not?
1 comment:
Drew didn't want to go last year and did NOT do well once there. I THOUGHT it was going to go well this year because he seemed on board...even when we were in line to see him. BUT...not so much! wouldn't get near him, nope, not gonna do it! have a picture of me holding him screaming...will post soon!
Post a Comment