Let me start with...
Sam loves the color green.
Sam loves trains.
Sam likes the Thomas the Tank Engine show.
So, I wasn't surprised when he told me he was going to ask Santa for a green Percy train. (Until now, all the trains we've purchased for him have been from the Plan Toys collection, although he has some of my Brio trains from childhood and has been gifted with a Thomas the Train.) I have this one under control...I thought. Green Percy, easy. I picked it up, and then a few days later Sam starts to describe the green Percy train that he's asking Santa for...side arms on the wheels, electronic, hooks on to this train...definitely NOT the wooden green Percy train with magnet attachments I'd purchased. He wants a Percy that's just like the Thomas train he has. But, is there one made like that? I checked Amazon and found one that looked like what he wanted, but I wasn't sure. I thought it was a better idea to actually go to the store and find one. Over the last week I've looked at a few places...with no luck. And then yesterday I decided to hit Toys R Us and another local toy store that I know has a good Thomas collection. So I set out for the grocery store and told John I was going to make these two stops at the toy stores to look for Percy before going to the grocery store.
Hello!...what was I thinking...I pulled into the Toys R Us parking lot and realized, "It's two Sundays before Christmas!" Oh boy!
I have to stop and give a big thanks to Babies R Us for having "expecting moms" parking places. I usually look at those and think...pregnant women need to be walking, good exercise, not parking close to the door...those places are more appropriate for people with small children who are trying navigate safely through a parking lot with those small children. Well, yesterday, at 37 weeks pregnant and trying not to go into labor, I was grateful there was one "expecting moms" parking space left.
So, I get into the Toys R Us/Babies R Us...MADHOUSE! Every checkout lane was open and there were no fewer than 5 people in each line. I got run over by two baskets, and countless kids. And most importantly, no electronic Percy with side arms on the wheels. Ugh! The next stop was unsuccessful too, although not as chaotic.
But...but...but...
After coming home from the grocery store I got back on the internet, this time on the official Thomas website, and I FOUND IT! Christmas has been saved!
2 comments:
glad you found THE Percy! we have had great luck on their website and the Thomas track set we bought Drew was $45 cheaper than at learning express!
USA Toys/Constructive Playthings in Plano has a HUGE Thomas department. Sort of an unknown spot to shop ;)
Also-great wooden toys!
Post a Comment