THE MOST IMPORTANT WORK YOU AND I WILL EVER DO WILL BE WITHIN THE WALLS OF OUR HOME. -Harold B. Lee

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Sam's "Baby Brudder"

Not only does Sam love his "baby brudder", he loves to show him off.

We attended a Valentine's party a few days ago with our neighborhood mom's group. It was the first time I'd taken Ben to an event so lots of people were meeting Ben for the first time. Every time someone walked up to say hi and ask how we were, Sam would uncover Ben for people to see him and then look at them and smile. And if they weren't checking out his new prized possession, he would say, "Here's baby Ben," until they did take a peek. At one point I even had Ben parked on the edge of the room and I looked over to see Sam taking off with the stroller. When I told him to leave the stroller where it was (I thought they were just going for a joy ride), he told me he wanted to show Ben to Mrs. Cohen.

He's also started doing this to strangers, or anyone else who stops to talk to us. At the doctor's office a lady was asking how old Ben was...I told her...and then Sam grabbed the stroller and turned Ben around so she could get a better look, and then he looked up an smiled at her...waiting for her to comment.

I absolutely love that Sam feels like Ben is his...he is...Sam's "baby brudder".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great brother! So sweet...almost makes me want to have another! ALMOST...