Ben is very mobile now...still doing a scoot/seal-like tummy slide/push and belly flop to get around, but it works! I can turn around to get something off the counter and Ben has traveled 5 feet. This brings new challenges for a big brother.
Sam is learning to stay calm and ask for help because the, "MOOOOMMMMMM, HE'S GETTING MY TRAIN"...."MOOOOMMMMMM, HE'S GOING TO BREAK MY TRAIN"...and "MOOOOMMMMMM GET BEN!" has begun. The first day of full mobility, Ben made it to the playroom in the matter of a minute and was tearing Sam's electric train track apart. So far, the pocket doors between our kitchen/living area and playroom are doing the trick. If I'm going to have my hands tied up, i.e. pumping, washing dishes, or something of the sort, we close the playroom doors and it's out of sight out of mind for Ben. I know this won't last long, but I'm enjoying while it does. I'm imagining the baby gate up with Sam on one side and Ben on the other side screaming because he wants in the playroom.
And of course, we've told Sam to handle it by coming to get mom or dad and asking for help...not stopping Ben himself...but, I'm sure that won't always work either. I wonder how long it will be until Ben gets bonked on the head to get him stop?
1 comment:
Not long! Surprised it hasn't happened yet!
Post a Comment