THE MOST IMPORTANT WORK YOU AND I WILL EVER DO WILL BE WITHIN THE WALLS OF OUR HOME. -Harold B. Lee

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Camp-Day 2

Yes, today was more difficult...

Ben took a few steps into the classroom this morning, stopped, looked at the teachers, and started crying.  I helped him over to the table and tried to distract him with some blocks, but that didn't work.  So, his teacher put him on her lap and I stepped out.

When Sam and I arrived to pick him up, Ben was snacking at the table.  He looked up and saw us when Sam called his name, but he continued with his snack.  After a couple of minutes he carried a bite of snack over to Sam to share some with him.  Sam bent down to hug Ben, and Ben wrapped his arms around Sam's neck and put his head on Sam's shoulder...sweetest, heart melting moment.

Sam was quite concerned about why Ben was crying when we dropped him off this morning and asked me about it several times while Ben was at camp.  On the way home from camp, with both boys giggling and playing in the backseat, Sam let me know that he doesn't like Ben going to school because he misses him too much.  This was, of course, right before we got home and they started fighting because Ben was pestering Sam...something Ben is getting pretty good at doing.

No comments: