Boys...brothers...I'm getting a glimpse of what life is going to be like as the mom of two boys.
Ben has recently begun pestering and being physically aggressive toward Sam. Honestly, this comes as no surprise because Ben is doing things to Sam that he has been doing to Ben for the last year of his life, since he became mobile.
The first incident occurred last week, or maybe two weeks ago, when Ben hit Sam on the eyebrow with a small metal matchbox-like vehicle. I know it was painful and Sam cried for several minutes...he also had a swollen eye the rest of the day.
Ben's other new thing is wrecking into big brother...he rams his push cart or vehicles, large and small, into Sam and/or whatever he's playing with at the time. Never really hurting him, but pestering him. I get the idea that Ben hasn't figured out the concept of pestering, but he's trying to "play" with Sam since Sam plays like this often. He'll soon figure out how much it irritates Sam and I'm sure he'll find it quite entertaining to watch Sam blow his top.
Along with this has come some good too...
The boys are starting play with each other really well. Our most successful and fun interactions tend to be in the morning when both are fresh and rested. But Sam is enjoying Ben and Ben, as always, is enjoying playing with his brother. Sam even told Ben the other day, "Ben, I want you to stay like this forever!" Of course, there are other times when Sam "can't wait" for Ben to be three or four so he can do ____. One of those things has been, "I can't wait until Ben is three so he can help me clean up the playroom!" (I'm not sure where the magic age of three came from.)
No comments:
Post a Comment