I was trying to clean old clothes out of Ben's drawers today and the boys were playing with their pretend cooking stuff when I left them. I hollered down the hall to check on them after a few minutes of them quietly playing...Sam told me they were "cooking", and told me Ben was with him, and they were fine, "just cooking something good". Great! After a couple more minutes I had that 'this just can't be good feeling' and walked in to find this...
In all honestly, I wasn't too upset. We've been working hard on playing nicely together so I was quite thrilled that they were playing together so well...it was truly the best they'd played together in their lives so I was reveling in that moment. It was baking soda, not powdered sugar (like Sam spilled all over my pantry around age 1 1/2), so it could be easily vacuumed up, right?
Until this happened...
Sam's bowl of "something good" he was "cooking" was pulled down by his partner in crime while I was trying to organize the clean up operation.
And that "something good" in the bowl was a mess of oil, powdered sugar, marshmallows, cereal, chocolate chips, red jello mix, and ground flax seed. Let's just say that a mix of oil and baking soda does not come up from distressed hardwood floors very well.



No comments:
Post a Comment