Well, it seems that Ben has developed a flare for the dramatic. Last week, I told John that I had been closely watching Sam and Ben play and watched Ben melt down over something very minor Sam had done to him....I warned him to be very careful about assuming Sam was trying to severely hurt Ben when he starts screaming like he's lost a limb because I think Ben knows how to play up the crying to get more attention. I watched this today when Sam accidentally closed Ben's hand in the playroom closet doors...John consoled Ben and he stopped crying rather quickly, but then turned it back on when John grabbed Ben's hand and said, "Is your finger okay now?"
I know we're guilty of feeding this because we run to Ben to see what Sam has done to him every time he cries (9 times out of 10, Sam has done something), but I'm beginning to see that probably only half of those times really deserve the all the crying and carrying on we get from Ben.
No comments:
Post a Comment