THE MOST IMPORTANT WORK YOU AND I WILL EVER DO WILL BE WITHIN THE WALLS OF OUR HOME. -Harold B. Lee

Monday, August 29, 2011

He's A Keeper (finally)

I'm not sure if I've mentioned it, or how many times I've mentioned it, but Sam has wanted a sister for a while...which usually involves getting rid of Ben so that he can have that sister (in his requests, that is).  He was very fond of Ben until he became mobile a little over a year ago and could touch all of "his" things, at which point he thought having a sister was a better idea. Don't you love a four year old's logic?...or lack there of, I guess?

But today he told me he's changed his mind...

"Mom, I've decided I really don't want a sister any more..."

"Oh really, why not?"

"...Because I really like playing with my brother now."

Hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah...

Of course "playing with his brother", or the most enjoyable play times, involve doing something they're not supposed to be doing and then giggling about it and running away as quickly as they can...or while I'm physically removing one from the sofa, the other is jumping on the sofa, and they're both cracking up laughing.

This happens at least once a day and I then realize I've lost all control...

Add to that an 80 lb dog that they sometimes manage to get involved!

Although...

I do have to admit, it's very hard to get upset with them when they're actually "playing" well together...even when they're not listening to me.

No comments: