THE MOST IMPORTANT WORK YOU AND I WILL EVER DO WILL BE WITHIN THE WALLS OF OUR HOME. -Harold B. Lee

Monday, August 29, 2011

Learning to Read

Sam read his first book on his own last night...the first "Bob Book", about Mat and Sam.

He's shown a interest in words and reading lately so I picked up a few "games" at the teacher store at the beginning of the summer and we've been talking a lot about words this summer.  (...thanks to the suggestions from my sweet friend, Marsha, who used to be a first grade teacher!)   So I decided to get this book out just to see how it would go.  As a parent, this is a pretty awesome moment!  There was one word in the book, "on", that we had never talked about and he read it without even missing a beat...crazy!  It just blows my mind to watch a little one start learning to read.

And he was so proud!

No comments: