THE MOST IMPORTANT WORK YOU AND I WILL EVER DO WILL BE WITHIN THE WALLS OF OUR HOME. -Harold B. Lee

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Boys (and Girls) Weekend

Two weekends ago I took a trip to Houston to see my baby sister graduate from high school. So while I was having a girls weekend with my sisters and visiting my best friend in Houston, here in Dallas it was boys weekend. I'm pretty sure everything went well here at home...John didn't call with any major events and even arranged a play date at the swimming pool.



The Girls (my sisters and I) and Mom.














I had a good laugh when I came home and found a mismatched swim shirt and board shorts out...lime green and navy swim shirt and orange, light blue and white board shorts. When I asked John if that's what Sam had worn to go swimming. He said that he realized it didn't match but he found them out, so he thought I had put him in that to go swim earlier in the week...he figured if it was good enough for me, then it was okay for him to put Sam in it. (Just for the record...)I don't remember the exact details of why they were both out, but I had not put them together. It made me laugh because that's such a stereotypical dad thing to do (and even funnier that he thought through them not matching and justified it because he thought I had done it). I chuckled about it a few times that evening and John finally got fed up with me and told me that he didn't. make. his. son. look dumb!

No comments: