THE MOST IMPORTANT WORK YOU AND I WILL EVER DO WILL BE WITHIN THE WALLS OF OUR HOME. -Harold B. Lee

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Sam's First Show

Sam and I met our friends Drew and Rachael to see a show yesterday...Sam's first show!...as in theater. It was a very big deal for me because I love theater. We went to see puppeteer Hobey Ford and his foam stick puppets in Animalia. These weren't the traditional hand puppets you think of when you hear the word 'puppet'. Hobey Ford actually makes all of his puppets from foam, paints them, and makes them very life-like...and they're all animals. The show was really good and so were both of our boys, 20 months and 21 months. They loved it! I was truly amazed by Sam's interest in the show. He sat on my lap for 20 minutes and did not take his eyes off the animals. He got a little restless the last 5-10 minutes.

Most of Hobey Ford's shows are in the south and southeast, but if you have an opportunity to see him, it's well worth it (click here for his schedule)...I mean, he's the first person I've seen keep my 21 month old's undivided attention for 20 minutes!

(More photos of the boys going to the "show" on our photo page, password is out last name.)

1 comment:

Rachael said...

we had fun, thanks for inviting us. the boys did do a really good job!