THE MOST IMPORTANT WORK YOU AND I WILL EVER DO WILL BE WITHIN THE WALLS OF OUR HOME. -Harold B. Lee
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Funny Words
Sam's speech is developing so much these days. He says new words almost every day and is saying many two word phrases...many days I can't even remember the new words and phrases he's said to be able to tell John when he gets home from work. The first 'cute' word he was saying was "yes", pronounced "yeths"...and then it was "uh-oh" that we fell in love with...and of course the sweet way he was saying "no" for a while. Most recently, when he started putting two words together, he would say "big truck", pronounced "bigada uck"...he still says this sometimes and I need to get it on tape before he figures out how to really say "big truck". The latest funny one is "backhoe" (as in the backhoe loader in his truck book), pronounced "ba-oh", like "uh-oh". Oh, and how could I forget..."hot dog!", also one of his latest funny phrases. Not that he's ever even seen a hot dog that you eat, but he says it referring to Tucker. If I can figure out how to get these recorded and upoaded, I'll share funny words every once in a while when we get a new one. There's nothing cuter than the words little kids mispronounce when they're learning to talk. One most memorable word for me was from a friend's daughter...when she was learning to say my name, she would throw a "t" into it so I was "Jenntifer". It kind of stuck, and I'm still referred to as "Jenntifer" around their house on occaision.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment