Sam has come into the, "Look...!" stage. In the last week, everything he does is followed by "Look...!" and whoever he wants to show must. come. look! Until now, he was content playing on his own and would revel in his made up games and creations by himself. Oh boy! This is going to be a fun stage.
In the last couple of days he's also started asking me, "Who's that?" about everything we see. It wasn't until today that I realized he asks "Who's that?" about objects as well as people. I'm sure "What's that?" is just around the corner...along with "Why?"
It's fun to hear him ask these things (for now) because I know it's sort of a developmental milestone and new things are always exciting. But, I'm imagining I might have a different adjective to describe this in the next few weeks or months. I've always thought this would be a very challenging stage (from watching other parents go through it) so I'm trying to figure out if anyone has any great tips on how not to sound like a broken record when your child asks "Who?", "What?" or "Why?" 50 times.
Along with this, we've come into a very clingy 'mommy stage'...like bordering on a second round of separation anxiety. It is very unlike Sam to want mommy for everything. Usually Pop, Gramps, and Gran are even better options than mommy, and daddy's the #1 choice in the evenings after work, but not these days. "Mommy hold you." "Mommy do it." "Go see mommy." "Sit with mommy." Whoa! Exhausting, I'm telling ya!
Maybe I need to hit the books again and do a little reading about toddlers and stages they go through because I'm feeling a little lost lately.
In the last couple of days he's also started asking me, "Who's that?" about everything we see. It wasn't until today that I realized he asks "Who's that?" about objects as well as people. I'm sure "What's that?" is just around the corner...along with "Why?"
It's fun to hear him ask these things (for now) because I know it's sort of a developmental milestone and new things are always exciting. But, I'm imagining I might have a different adjective to describe this in the next few weeks or months. I've always thought this would be a very challenging stage (from watching other parents go through it) so I'm trying to figure out if anyone has any great tips on how not to sound like a broken record when your child asks "Who?", "What?" or "Why?" 50 times.
Along with this, we've come into a very clingy 'mommy stage'...like bordering on a second round of separation anxiety. It is very unlike Sam to want mommy for everything. Usually Pop, Gramps, and Gran are even better options than mommy, and daddy's the #1 choice in the evenings after work, but not these days. "Mommy hold you." "Mommy do it." "Go see mommy." "Sit with mommy." Whoa! Exhausting, I'm telling ya!
Maybe I need to hit the books again and do a little reading about toddlers and stages they go through because I'm feeling a little lost lately.
No comments:
Post a Comment