We just returned from a week in New York. It was a great vacation. And although I've been many times before, I got to do some new things this time. I have so much I want to share and document from the trip, but I also have soooooo much to do at home...really, I can't count the loads of laundry!...and pictures to upload...and issue to deal with that occured during the trip...And I want to just crawl into my own bed early tonight to enjoy it. You know what I mean? (But, after my recent post about spinning my wheels, my sweet daddy had some girls come over to clean our house while we were out of town!...so I have a clean sheets to climb in!...my favorite!) So, hopefully sometime soon I'll get pictures and stories up.
...And we have another trip planned very soon. Ahhhhhh!!! I felt my stress level rise as soon as we got in the car today to head home from the airport. Vacation now (that I have a child and many things to do to keep the household in order) is much like it was taking days off when I was teaching...there's so much work to come back to that I sometimes wonder if it's more trouble than it's worth!?!?!? And it's not been much different for John. He's been on and off the phone for the last two hours dealing with work stuff.
But, it WAS a great trip and I'm so glad we got to go!
2 comments:
It took me a full day to realize where you were when you left your Facebook comment. I told Garret it brought a whole new meaning to your "amen!"
Anyway, I have to tell you something. When you go somewhere with children, it is NOT a vacation- it is a TRIP. If you can get that straight in your mind, it will save you much frustration from unmet expectations. We have taken many such TRIPS with our children, and we always have a good time. However, it's just not the same experience wrangling a toddler on a plane as it is gingerly sipping a drink and leafing through the latest mag. Ahhhh....good times. Can't wait to see the pics!
We are going this summer, so I want details...don't forget to post them! :)
Post a Comment